KALAMUNDA
AND DISTRICTS
HISTORICAL SOCIETY

------------------- Stirk Cottage -------------------

Stirk Cottage was built in 1881 by Frederick and Elizabeth Stirk. The Stirks took up a 10 acre property in the district known as Gooseberry Hill, this area later became the Kalamunda townsite. The cottage is made of wattle and daub using materials found on the property - jarrah saplings for corner posts and mud carted and mixed by Elizabeth. Charles Brooks took over the cottage in 1896 and established Kalamunda's first shop in a barn alongside.

Entry Fees and location map

Education visit 50 cents per student, accompanying adults free

All other visitors - by donation

 

Stirk Cottage through time

Come and see us in person!